Lessons Learned

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

6 Things I learned on my first day of Esthetician's School

"About myself, about others, and about my chosen profession.

1. I hate redundancy. I have read the handbook twice on my own and now twice as a group. I want to burn it.

2. My biggest pet peeve on the face of the planet is when people read aloud without the skill to do so. To read words incorrectly repeatedly and to mispronounce words repeatedly is annoying, and in my book equates to nails on a chalkboard because I cringe EVERY single time and in my head I have a red pen and I am correcting every mistake. Please feel free to reply with comments on not judging people, I need it and I deserve it and it may actually help me. :)

3. There is a makeup called Kryolan. It is used by theater professional's. I want to know more about this happy thing!

4. Certain medications and medical conditions can dry your skin out to the point that your skin WILL come completely off during a wax treatment. Not pleasant for the client, not pleasant for the Esthetician. Always be honest with your Esthetician (Me!). I don't want to be responsible for peeling your skin off.

5. Aromatherapy is not just to please your nose, but it also stimulates things in your brain. So again, be honest with your Esthetician as certain scents can stimulate the wrong things depending on your medical history. Such as Sandalwood. Apparently it takes the anti out of anti-depressants and will cause a deeper depression. Who knew?

6. The 'F' word remains shocking no matter how many times you hear it. :("
posted by Amanda at 7:52 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home