Lessons Learned

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lessons Learned Week 2 Day One

Disclaimer: I sincerely apologize that my funny bone has gone on strike since I have deprived it of sleep. Because of said strike the following blog post is lacking humor. Sorry. :(

1. Sleep is not overrated! It is highly valuable and I covet it! I know, I know, I shouldn't covet, but I was coveting sleep this morning. I stayed up late studying and then couldn't sleep. Texted my husband for an hour and finally fell asleep sometime after 2:30 a.m. I had hoped to sleep until 7:30 because my awesome, amazing, magnificent husband had offered to get the kids off to school and make me a lunch so I could sleep. To no avail, I was wide awake and feeling sick at 6:15.

2. Prayer makes a difference. I prayed and prayed on the way to school that God would help me through the day, that I would feel better so I could take my test I had studied so hard for, and that I would be able to stay awake at school. Since I felt like I had been hit by a hangover without the party I really needed something. By 10 o'clock I was feeling much better and felt nearly normal except a little tired. I was definetely praising God that I was feeling so good after feeling so horrible. (Thanks again God!! You are ever faithful!)

3. Test Stress is beyond unnecessary. Due to my stress I stayed up too late, which did nothing for me. It possibly helped my marriage because Dan and I had some great texting going on :p! Loved that! (Thanks Hon!) Anyway, I know myself well enough that I know if I took all the notes given and read the chapter and did the activities I will do fine. So you want to know how I did on the test? You'll have to wait for tomorrow. You know why? Because that's when I take the test! Yeah, it was postponed. Why? Because the teacher forgot she told us we were going to take it. Hmmmmm we didn't!!!!! My reaction to that? NOOOOOOOOO!!!! I'll forget it all by tomorrow!

4. I have an amazing husband! I can't say that enough! I don't even have to have a reason! He's amazing!


5. Wac=xinf is sticky. Especially sugar wax, which I am told we won't really be using in real life much, if at all. We use it in class because it is made of sugar and can dissolve with water where any other wax is just that, wax, and will repel water and not be fun to clean up. Until we get better at it, we will be using the sugar wax. Here is a picture of my first wax strip in class. It was fun! We were practicing state board exam procedures for eyebrow waxing. This lovely lady is My Bella, or My Beauty. She is my mannequin head that I get to practice on in class when I can't get anyone else to trust me to touch them!
posted by Amanda at 9:24 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home