Lessons Learned

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 2 Week 4

1. "I'm alive, I'm alive, that's what I said! I'm alive, I'm alive and I'm gonna live that way!" And I couldn't have been anymore alive listening to Superchick on the way to school this morning. Superchick, TobyMac! My commute is bumpin'! Oh yeah! Any suggestions for good wake me up music for in the morning?





2. Homerooms are a little awkward. So the idea is that every student in the school comes to homeroom and we all hear announcements pertaining to our education at the school so no one person has to make the same announcement numerous times. Which would be great except there are less than 30 Esthetics students and the other 120 people are Cosmetology students. NO biggie except (I feel so Jr. High-ish saying this!) they don't seem to like us that much. We get glares and stare downs and "You are in my seat, you need to move." (Even though the person brought their own seat in from the hallway, go figure that one out!) They don't talk to us, won't acknowledge us. It's weird. And today the announcements were mostly general with some specifically for Cosmetology. Nothing for us. My class of 8 just sat there wishing we were back in class so we could study for our test in peace and quiet. Whatever.





3. Study buddies aren't just great, they are awesome, and essential especially when you get a 100% on your test! The test was on Skin Diseases and Disorders. You try remembering the difference between hyperhidrosis and bromidrosis, and what is a fungal infection that is found on the legs and arms characterized by red rash and itching? Did you know there are 4 Grades of Acne? Which one is considered mild? 1, 2, 3, or 4? How is a papule different than a pustule? And what is a highly contagious viral infection that forms blister-like clusters? Which topical acne treatment produces oxygen and promotes drying and exfoliation? Yeah, now you know why my head was spinning.



4. I bet you want to know the answers to those questions! Don't you? If not, then skip to number 5! Hyperhidrosis is a sudoriferous gland disorder characterized by excessive perspiration caused by excessive heat or general body weakness. Bromidrosis is also a sudoriferous gland (or sweat gland) disorder characterized by a foul-smelling perspiration caused by a mixture of sweat and bacteria. The fungal infection is called Tinea Corporis, not to be confused with Tinea which is a fungal disease also known as ringworm. But don't confuse it with Tinea Versicolor either, which is a condition caused by yeast that leaves hypopigmented (lack of pigment) spots on your skin. Acne is labeled from Mild to Severe and the scale progresses from 1 to 4, 1 being Mild. Papule is a pimple that has no buildup of pus in it, where a pustule has pus and is a papule progressed. Highly contagious viral infection is Herpes Simplex, and the topical acne treatment is Benzoyl Peroxide.



5. Makeup is fun! Here is the makeup I did today for a girl in class.







6. My life is full right now, and very exhausting but I am loving every minute of it! Thank you God for such and amazing life right now!

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Amanda at 10:33 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home