Lessons Learned

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Week 4 Day 3 Thursday

Airbrush Tanning Lessons

1. Watch the video. Repeatedly. I didn't get to. We watched it once. Apparently that's enough????

2. Pick your partner. Early on. Enough said.

3. It takes awhile to get supplies at the dispensary. Something I will have to get used to. If you have ever driven in front of me on a 2 lane road with no passing and you happen to not be going the speed limit, then you probably know I am not a patient person, and waiting is not my specialty. This is probably why God orchestrates my grocery shopping day so that I ALWAYS end up in the long line. Even if there is one person in front of me and 10 in the next lane, my lane is always the longest. You are jealous of my gift aren't you? Well if standing in the longest line at the grocery store is one of your favorite pass-times, then you are welcome to stand behind me.

4. They will give you slippers to wear for your airbrush tanning. Don't wear them. You will have tanned toes and ankles but not the tops of your feet, and the lines are very obvious until you take a cheap, rough, wash rag and exfoliate aggressively to either a.) fade the tan lines, or b.) take your first 2 layers of skin off. Whichever comes first.

5 They will give you a disposable bra to wear. It is not supportive so wear your own with the disposable over it; unless you want to go sans bra, then well, be my guest, I promise not to take pictures and post them on my blog, bra or not ;).

6. Don't be worried about the inside of your arms not getting tanned, thus forcing you to turn the inside of your arms toward the sprayer. This will result in tanned inside of the arms and untanned outside of the arms. And the line will be just as obvious as above with the feet and you WILL exfoliate just as aggressively!

7. It was definitely a learning experience. But I am far from comfortable doing it. My partner and I did okay. I missed the inside of her legs, and my arms were a little blotchy and my mid section not as dark as the rest of me. I am praying that I get more training before I have to do this for someone other than a classmate.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Amanda at 8:32 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home