Lessons Learned

Monday, June 22, 2009

Manic Mom-day - Sing it with me!!

Last night my son Lorenzo (10) had a friend spend the night, while Samuel (8) spent the night at that friends house with his little brother. (Confused yet? I am!) Anyway, we got home from church about 9:00 and the boys began playing the Wii. By 10 lorenzo konked out, stone cold sleeping on the couch, while his buddy just kept right on playing. About 11 I decided I was too tired to think any more so I set a timer in the kitchen for 11:30 and told Lorenzo's friend he could shut the game off when the timer went off. I still don't know wether he did or not because when I got up at 7;30 he was still sitting in the same place playing the same game. Either he got up early and started playing again or he never went to sleep. I don't know, but I hope if he did stay up, his mom doesn't find out ;)!

We got up early to head out the door so Brittnie could go for her work to ride lesson; then we were going to my friend's house for me to get some girl time over lunch. I got together evcerything we needed for lunch and I handed both bags to Lorenzo and said, "Put this in the car." That's pretty specific. Apparently though in 10 year old terms, "Put this in the car", can, and will be understood as, "Take this somewhere. I don't know where, just somewhere other than here, and make sure where you put it makes no sense to me, whatsoever." Needless to say we had to cut the girl time short because we didn't have a lunch. *Sigh*

While we were waiting for Brittnie's lesson to be done the boys picked some lemons, and I told them we could make some lemonade. When we got to my friend's house, we did just that. It was great! Here's the recipe I used:

1 C. Sugar
1 C. Water

Bring to boil on the stove to make a simple syrup.

1 C. Lemon Juice
6 C. Water

Mix simple syrup, Lemon Juice and water in large pitcher. Add ice and Enjoy!

So after a nice morning out we came home ate a quick lunch and the kids and I headed to nap time. What a beautiful thing to be able to take a nap in the middle of the day! I have missed that!

Dan headed to work about 4:30 and I sat down with my books to get ready for my test tomorrow on makeup. How hard can that be right? Well I knew that on Friday we were supposed to finish up our notes and we all wanted to do makeup, so the teacher flew through the notes while we played with our makeup. So when I sat down to study I looked at my study guide to see how much I needed to finish in the way of notes. It was 12 pages. That's right. 12 pages of notes on makeup. Face shapes and the way to contour them to make them appear more flattering, and eye shapes and how to apply the shadow to enhance the different eyes, then lip shapes and how to correct the lip line, and then foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, eyebrow color, and every other type of makeup you have heard of. Yeah 12 pages. I sat there until 11:30 typing notes. Not exactly the way I wanted my evening to go. I didn't even study. I just took notes.

*Sigh*

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by Amanda at 9:22 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home